Friday, April 14, 2017

Very quick refusal

Ford

I applied for a position at 12:34 PM.



The refusal came only 5 minutes later. I instantly liked Ford, much better than Tesla that never bothered to respond.

Dear ....,

Thank you for your interest in the ..... position with Ford Motor Company. We regret to inform you that we do not find sufficient alignment between your qualifications and this opening. If you would like to be considered for another opportunity, we welcome you to review our posted positions at www.careers.ford.com.

Thank you,
US Recruiting



However, I was still allowed to complete the assessments, that for me seemed pointless now that I have been rejected, but anyway I did.

Dear .... ,

Our records indicate that you have completed the required web-based assessments for the... position with Ford Motor Company. We are pleased to inform you that your results met our requirements. We will next review the profile and résumé you submitted in detail. If we believe that your qualifications and experience meet the needs of the open position, we will contact you to schedule an interview.


Big technological company

I saved my application as 'Draft' and did not press 'Submit'. After a few days I received an email that said:

This is just a friendly reminder that the following job application(s) is/are waiting for your finishing touches:
<job>
Take a few moments to complete your application and we'll look forward to exploring your next career opportunity with you.


I still did not submit the application and nevertheless I received:

Thank you for your interest in the <job> at <company>.
Although we were impressed by your qualifications, it was necessary to limit our selection to those candidates whose background and experience most closely suit our present needs. Therefore, we regretfully conclude that we are unable to continue with your application at this moment.

I had thought the very quick refusal from Ford was a record but this one beat it. I had been turned down before I had even applied!

I told the person whose name was in the message (her email was too, firstname.lastname@company.com) I hadn't applied for this job and whether the message was sent by mistake. I was expecting a response along the lines it had been a system glitch and they apologized for it but nothing and I was very disappointed.

I should submit now my application to see what will happen :).

No comments:

Post a Comment