Saturday, March 11, 2017

Canadian "Wells Fargo"


Hundreds of current and former TD Bank Group employees wrote to Go Public describing a pressure cooker environment they say is "poisoned," "stress inducing," "insane" and has "zero focus on ethics."  

Some employees admitted they broke the law, claiming they were desperate to earn points towards sales goals they have to reach every three months or risk being fired. CBC has agreed to conceal their identities because their confessions could have legal ramifications.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/td-bank-employees-admit-to-breaking-law-1.4016569
'We do it because our jobs are at stake': TD bank employees admit to breaking the law for fear of being fired

The following happened to me last year not with TD but with one of the other Big 5, so it seems everyone is doing it.

Exchanged messages with bank representatives (yes, I've dealt with so many):

My name is Jean, your banking advisor and I will be pleased to assist you with the recent limit increase on your Visa account.
After looking into your Visa account, I noticed that the limit on your account was increased to $11,000 on Sep 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM Eastern time.

My name is Linda, your credit card advisor, and I'm very sorry to hear about the misunderstanding.
After reviewing your profile, I am able to confirm that the limit was increased during a telephone conversation with one of our advisors, John on Sep 11th.

My name is Ann and I will follow up regarding increasing the limit on your credit card.
According to our records, we received consent to increase the limit on your credit card on Sep 11th 2016 at 4:20 PM by John Collins.

****
Hello Ann,

Please send me the transcript of the conversation.
I have no calls at that time and date from your bank or from anyone else for that matter.
***

My name is Mary and your message was escalated to my attention. I appreciate your patience.
I understand that Pauline has tried to call you on a few occasions and regrettably has not being able to reach you. I also understand that she has left you her name and number if you would like to discuss.
She has also advised that your limit was decreased back to the $8,000 and a letter has been sent to your attention confirming this.


But the real driving force here are incentives, the incentives given to employees to open new credit card accounts, no matter the impact on customers, as well as the incentives given to the banks themselves to further financialize our economy, no matter the impact on our lives and world.
Real reason Wells Fargo scandal should scare you


No comments:

Post a Comment